Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Wonderfully Exciting Forthcoming Vintage Themed Weekender

Having moved to Derbyshire fairly recently, I have discovered lots of delightful little eateries,  my particular favourite is the Vintage Community with it charming little Tea Rooms.  

Imagine my joy when Lydia (proprietor) announced that she would be holding a 'Vintage Inspired' weekend, featuring oodles of activities, including craft demo's, vintage cars, vintage styling, pin up photography..... the list goes on.  I asked Lydia if she like me to do crochet demo's on Saturday and Sunday, nothing flash just simple 'Granny Squares', she replied, "yes please", but you have to wear Vintage clothing"....eek!!!  



After much thought I have decided to go with 1940's work wear, which basically means, that I now have an excuse to purchase a pair of baggy denim dungaree's, and nice little blouse, and a pair of brogues or Mary Jane's, Lydia also informs me that I should wear a headscarf and to finish it off, make up of that era and bright red lippy!!!!

So watch this space!  Until next time......Nicky xx

2 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty - doesn't the sunshine seem such a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty - doesn't the sunshine seem such a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete