Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

New Design ....... Inside Crochet Issue 46

So a little while ago I was approached by Inside Crochet, they had seen a pair of gloves I had designed and liked them.  I cheekily offered to design some for them and....'Lo and behold', not only did they accept but when the magazine dropped on my doorstep they had only gone and featured them on the front cover!

Issue 46
Imagine my delight, I was so 'chuffed'.  My little old design on the front cover!!!  Any way the lovely folks at Inside Crochet have allowed me to use some images to share with you and I must say I do love their photography.

The design uses Rowan Wool Cotton 4ply in two colours and is really economical because if you buy two balls, you will have more than enough to make two pairs! The yarn is a delight to work with, so soft on your hands. The pattern is worked using a basic half treble for the main body of the hand. A treble, double crochet and chain design create a delicate cuff detail. The accent colour edges the finger and cuff/fastening for a soft contrast, finished off with three shell buttons, which worked well with the colour choice.
The inspiration for this particular design came from one of my favourite films, the 1953 British comedy 'Genevieve'.  This is a charming story about two couples on the London to Brighton veteran car race, who take it upon themselves to place a bet on who's car gets back to London first, it follows the trials and tribulations of their journey. It is definitely a rainy day film, worth a watch!  

Fingerless gloves are a particular favourite of mine too, when driving and cycling they keep my hands nice and cosy.  In fact I was wearing a pair the other morning on my early jaunt with the dogs, my fingers are left free to tempt Kylie back with a treat if she decides to wander off!

Anyway hope you enjoy the pattern.  I will be making another pair for my daughter, her baby is due next week although she has had strict instructions not to arrive on time, God forbid it!  Knit and Stitch at Ally Pally!!!!!

Until next time...............Nicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment