Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Arabella available on Ravelry

Last year I was lucky enough to appear in The Knitter Magazine, well I say me, I mean my little collar design, Arabella.  
Blackcurrant Version as seen in The Knitter Magazine
This design was influenced by Great Expectations.  I wanted to create a piece that was quite delicate but with a dickensian flavour, prim yet on trend too. This piece is made up of a series of very simple crochet stitches, a project quick enough to be completed in an evening!
The yarn I used was Sublime Lustrous Extrafine Merino DK  which comes in a variety of classic shades, in 25g Balls of 95m, a generous yardage.  Its a merino yarn with a little nylon mix which is light and airy, great to work with.  Ideal for my project, with its almost cobweb glow, very Miss Haversham!  
Gun Metal Grey
The beads were from Debbie Abrahams, I chose the clear beads for subtlety but there are lots of colours to choose from and I have since produced a gun metal grey a vivid yellow and a black version using matt black beads.  
If working with beads is a scary option then the other collar is just a simple tie fastening version.  
So now this version is available again,  if you missed the magazine, get it on Ravelry.
Until next time......Nickyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment