Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Knitters Mini Collection and my Eastern offering!

I am always delighted when a magazine takes one of my designs it never fails to excite me.  Issue 58 of The Knitter magazine included a supplement named Mini collection and I was lucky enough to be included in this.

The Knitter I consider, is one of the top UK knitting magazines. It features quality designs aimed at the intermediate to advanced knitter, including patterns from well known designers such as Kyoko Nakayoshi, Belinda Boaden and Judy Furlong to name but a few. You can imagine how thrilled I was when they accepted my simple little crochet clutch bag!
Shanghai
Shanghai - named thus because I was inspired by the East, with its opulence and deep rich oriental shades.   Imagine ornately decorated lanterns lighting up the night sky with ostentatious tassels hanging elegantly below them. 
When designing the bag, I kept the embroidery simple, using double crochet as a even base, almost like aida fabric to work the stitches through.  I wanted this bag to have a dark mysterious feel to it, I am tempted to recreate another one in a lighter shade with pieces of blossom draping off the dark fronds. Watch this space!
Traditional Chinese satin lining
I finished off the bag with a luxurious chinese satin decorated with dragons and traditional flowers, embracing the eastern luxury, oh, and a big 'fat' tassel too!
So if you do manage to buy a copy of The Knitter check out my little offering but also take a look at the other delightful projects too, Sakura is one of my particular favourites.
Arabella The Knitter Magazine Issue 51
Finally I spotted a lovely little review that those top notch knitters, Belinda and Wendy over at True Brits Knit wrote about my crochet collar design, Arabella.  It is very flattering, although I can't think what they mean about crocheting my wilder idea's! If you care to go and read it don't forget to check out the amazing designs they have to offer on their website.

Until next time.....Nickyxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh well done. We don't seem to get The Knitter here in Canada, but I read it when I am in NZ, they have it at the Nelson library and I take them all out! and if I am lucky they may have one or two for purchase in their monthly sale ( 25 cents each, 5 foe $1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get a digital mag if you are tech'd up, but I prefer good old glossy mag.

    ReplyDelete