Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Sewing Progress and Giraffes!

So this week I have made slow progress with my skirt!  Instead I have been busy writing patterns and designing idea's for a lovely little crochet magazine, I really enjoy swatching and creating mood boards, one of my favourite things to do.

I have however not come to a complete stand still on the sewing front, I have cut out the fabric for the skirt and prepared it, another thing I love to do!  I was very proud of myself as I attempted to make some piping for the bottom of the skirt and it actually turned out okay! 
Piping for skirt

Prepared and ready
I was really excited to receive a great treat in the post, it was the fabulous Great British Sewing Bee book! Stuffed full of great tips and cracking patterns.  GBSB is really well laid out, with lots of easy to follow instructions and little pearls of wisdom for novice sewers. I have found a particularly nice empire line dress, I think I will be attempting it, it has pockets and gathers at the front, which hide a multitude of sins, so is very flattering!

I have mentioned Giraffes so let me fill you in; A few weeks back I reviewed a great little book, Crochet a Zoo by Megan Kreiner,  I made the Hippo project as a tester, but I was also rather taken with the Giraffe, so I decided to give it a go.  What I love about this book is that the projects are so quick and easy, it also includes great little tips on how to put the pieces together. So here is a pic of the giraffe I finished, which is now owned by a certain little lady from Ipswich who named her Ava!
Ava the Giraffe!

Just finished, managed a pic before her new owner grabbed her!

Until next time.......Nicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment