Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Charity, TV and Fab little books!

What an exciting week its been.  Firstly want to say congratulations to Jim Culliford for his marathon run that raised lots of money for Refuge, amazing achievement you can read all about it over at the TrueBritKnits blog.

Next, 'OMG' the Great British Sewing Bee! brilliant TV, I absolutely loved it. My favourite contestant won, the wonderful Ann Rowley who has been sewing for 75 years! She is also a Raveller and crochets!  I spotted her on the third instalment wearing a simply gorgeous scarf/wrap its called Bohemian Rhapsody by Marylene Lynx. Ann's version was stunning. 
I am beyond excited for next years series, it has inspired me to get out my sewing machine and whip up an A-line skirt!
Burda Pattern

Guess which skirt combo I'm doing?
I had forgotten just how much fabric I had stashed away!!!!!  
My magpie tendencies come up trumps!
One of the runners up is also launching her fabulous new shop 'guthrie & ghani', today Lauren Guthrie, who I thought might pip Ann with her gorgeous ball gown, is another passionate sewing enthusiast, check out her blog.  I also noticed that the ever stylish Tilly has a fabulous blog too, its full of tips and ideas for all amateur sewing enthusiasts, well worth a look.

 

Finally I was delighted to receive this little beauty in the post.
A must buy for all crochet enthusiasts. 
Granny Squares by Sue Pinner (Tip top crocheter and all round good egg), the book is really well presented, and filled with fabulous projects large and small. Something for everyone and at £9.59 a bargain to boot!  

So a busy weekend ahead just need to find my to-do list!

Until next time.......Nickyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment