Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Knitting and Stitching

I was lucky enough to be asked to help Janie Crow on her Homespun Vintage themed stand at the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show Olympia.  Jane's stand is so pretty, displaying all the designs from her gorgeous book it did attract a lot of attention.  
To the front - Crimson Flower, Rumena, Troika, Paprika and Rivoli.
On the shelf - Birds of Life, Little Red Cap, Coco, Madeleine, Florentine, Amandine and Madeira.
     
Jane's stand in all its glory.
So many interesting people came to the stand, they were so enthusiastic about Jane's book and the lovely designs. It was really nice to show people the projects in there finished form, they got very excited about them.  Unfortunately we were so busy I didn't get a lot of time to take any other photos although I did subscribe to a new magazine called Crafty by Practical Publishing this little incentive helped!
Subscriber gift, look at the little bird cages!
This weather is really sad at the moment, so if I can't have  Spring outside I will have it indoors, my hyacinths the colour and smell are lovely.  They are tied together with twine because they were 'splaying' out all over the place.

Mothers Day Hyacinths



Until next time......Nicky xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks as if you had a fab time, shame I couldn't make it but this Norovirus bug is very persistently hanging on.
    LOOOOOve the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs, Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're kidding! You lucky duck. I just got her book from the library last week and am working on the 'Birds of Life' cushion cover at the moment. What a small world, eh? I'm going to buy the book because I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Heike xx
    Nana Go-Go book is well worth the investment such lovely designs. Have fun and post a pic when you finish your cushion. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi been trying to e mail you but your hotmail addy won't work just keep getting it postmaster returned so leaving he message here
    Hi Nicky
    Very well thanks, you and yours OK?

    Can I pick our brains about this lol? Do you use pdf files? Never done one before so bit terrified late to the computer so it is all hard to understand. Lol

    Is it easy to open a shop on Ravelry? I have designs on there but all free at the moment...managed to do that ok although I don't find it an easy process.

    How many designs do you put up for sale at anyone time?....was thinking 5 or 6 to start with then build up to about 10+ add more as the time goes on and I can see what's selling....what do you think?

    Phil said he would help me, but I do like to know as well.

    Thanks Sue x

    ReplyDelete