Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Crochet, crochet and more crochet!

So Issue 3 of Simply Crochet was out last week,  a couple of weeks prior to publication, the lovely girls at Simply Crochet asked me for a profile picture.  Unlike the 'bright young things' of today, I hate having my photo taken, I really wasn't keen!  But I had to bite the bullet, my son and 'photographer' was conned into taking a pic, promises of food items usually works.  Sam took about 50 photo's of me, I didn't like any! Yes I am really that critical, so in the end he said "enough is enough Mum" this one will do, so you can see Sam's chosen phote on the contributors page of Simply Crochet.  I am wearing Rosehip, which is a crochet cowl I designed, available on Ravelry.  Simply Crochet also wrote a very flattering piece underneath my picture, bless them! 

For this issue I was asked to come up with a simple little cuff, you can see my version on Ravelry I made this one with Twilleys Goldfingering

On Page 4 you will find Jane Crowfoots 'Note Book', with a handy technique for stringing beads.  Don't forget to check out Jane's Homespun Vintage themed stand at The Spring Knitting and Stitching Show, Olympia between the 14th and 17th, I will be there helping her out on the 15th and 16th.  Jane will also be selling signed copies of the book on her stand, do come and say hello!

Back to Simply Crochet Issue 3.  On page 54 you will see a page all about beaded crochet this also features a previous design I did for The Knitter magazine Iss 51, Arabella, I really enjoyed making this piece, it is quick to make and dresses up any outfit, be it a plain t-shirt or a little black dress.  I have worked the collar in the same yarn, Sublime Lustrous extra fine merino in Saffron, with some bright yellow beads 35 from Debbie Abrahams and am really pleased with the results.  Note: I haven't chosen a button yet, but guess what I will be looking for at Olympia?

You will find my cuff pattern on Page 55,  any queries. happy to help!
Well until next time........Nicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment