Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rosehip Cowl

Just a little heads up, you may or may not have seen on my last blog post I talked about my latest design for Autumn and The Knitting and Stitching show.  Its called the Rosehip cowl,  it was tried and tested at Ally Pally, I was lucky enough to get lots of compliments about it.  

This got me thinking. It's great and I love it as a standalone design, but I do have half a ball of the yarn, 'Debbie Bliss Glen' left and it is a discontinued yarn and it seems a shame to shove in my stash, never to see the light of day again! So I decided that I would make some cuffs with the leftover yarn initially,  but then this seemed quite impractical and pointless, so sat with a cup of tea and Downtown Abbey and had a good think!  I decided to visit the lovely New Lanark website who produce gorgeous yarns that are very reasonable.I purchased some nice cherry red dk, should be a good colour match with the Glen yarn, I am going to produce some fingerless gloves with nice chunky 'Glen' cuffs. 
Typically whilst I was on the site I noticed some lovely Blueberry coloured Chunky and DK so guess what another cowl and gloves are on the cards!

Finally, Ally Pally was everything and more I didn't get much of a chance to have a look round as I was working on the lovely Janie Crows stand.  She had lots of visitors it was lovely to meet so many people.  We were positioned right near Jamisons of Shetland stand which has such a wide range of colours in their yarn it was a delight to behold, I also managed to get another bargain, a Bulgarian company selling lots of lovely cotton yarns I bought 5 balls of 100% cotton yarn for a tenner, score!

Anyway, until next time........Nicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment