Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Best Thing about Autumn is...?

What's the best thing about Autumn?  Well for me lots of things;
Colour - Gorgeous russets, reds, oranges, ochres, umbers the list goes on.  The colour of the trees and hedgerows are so inspiring.
Weather - You know where you are with the weather no anticipation of hot sun, wondering whether or not you can have a bbq, its fresh it could rain but it definitely isn't sun bathing weather.  Fresh crisp dog walking mornings touches of frost glittering on the early morning grass, magical.
Food - Delicious home made soups and stews, home baked bread,  cinnamon, nutmeg, hot chocolate with marshmallows.


But what marks Autumn for me is Ally Pally!  The Knitting and Stitching show. I have been going to the show for about 6 years.  Each year I always find something new.  I am really excited this year because my dear friend Janie Crow has got a bigger stand and she has got lots of new things to display, this includes a teaser for the 2013 Crochet Club and her new Autumn Collection, including a little design from yours truly! Do seek her out, Stand J31.

I will be milling around, discovering new stands and crafts, and also visiting the well known brands too.  It's a great day out well worth every penny. 

Finally to mark Autumn I treated myself to some Debbie Bliss yarn, Glen, in a lovely shade called Rosehip, I decided to make myself a nice cowl with plenty of length so I can wrap it round my neck twice, I will be modelling it 'badly' at Ally Pally, but in the mean time here is a little picture for you.  The pattern is now available on Ravelry.



Until next time.......Nicky xx


No comments:

Post a Comment