Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Buttons and Fibre East

I was lucky enough to be invited to help out at Fibre East in the 'Have a go' tent, I was helping out with crochet on Saturday morning.  It was a really lovely experience and met lots of interesting people, as well as teaching a few people how to crochet from scratch and help others out with some new crochet techniques, very satisfying.
I was also situated ideally to see all the lovely Woolsack cushions being stuffed and I even had time to sew one up.  The most exciting thing was to see the arrival of the Maldives Olympic team to collect their Woolsack cushions, and I got a chance to chat to them, they were the most delightful, polite and enthusiastic group of young athletes, so happy to be given the cushions and also some beautiful pennents.  One of the 100mtr runners was a little nervous about the fact that he may have to run against Ussain Bolt!  The table tennis players was so excited about her cushion because it incorporated her favourite colour blue.  Needless to say I will be watching the Maldives and cheering them on.



Buttons featured a lot on my shopping list at the Fibre East event, in fact they were the only thing I was going to allow myself to buy. I was like a kid in a sweet shop I moved slowly up and then down the stand with my little bowl plucking buttons as I went along, on my way back down the stand again I really had to stop, I was in danger of letting my want rule my need! So feast your eyes on these goodies, all bought from Textile Garden

Light Weight Metal Buttons

Beautifully delicate buttons in a gorgeous green


Coconut shell 


Shell buttons in a vibrant red



There is so many to choose from I recommend you make yourself a cup of tea sit back and browse the website.

Now to think of designs to go with the buttons, surely it should be the other way round!

Until next time.......Nicky xx


1 comment:

  1. Love those button Nicky...speak soon
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete