Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Quick Crochet projects, love em!



Finished the blanket for Kirstie last weekend, picked it up on Wednesday she was delighted. 




I have lots of yarn left over so am making a little cardi and earflap hat, I am using a Pillar Box Red with a combination of two blues, they work quite nicely together.

The Cardi is worked using a half treble, simple and fast will be sourcing little red buttons from a local market probably baby themed.


This week I have become slightly obsessed with making innocent hats, we have been really pushed at work with themed hats for this years Big Knit, had some wonderful hats to make.  Juliet does the knitting and I get the best job of finishing off which I really enjoy, I happened upon a picture of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland, and really was quite taken with his hat the trim and orange ribbon and hat pins, I kept going back to it and finally decided to try and do my own crochet version.

I used a tweedy yarn for the main body of the hat and invested in some spray starch too to give it strength, I tried a plain green to incorporate the hat band but have decided against it, just isn't working,  I am going to cover with a nice orange ribbon 'a la Johnny Depp', I found a little piece of feather which works well with the hat and have crocheted a little price tag with 10/6 embroidered.  innocent still need lots of hats for their campaign to try and reach their goal of 800,000 hat so keep knitting and crocheting.

The Knitting and Stitching show starts next week at Ally Pally, I will be there on Thursday find me at The Knitter/Simply Knitting stand.  We hope to be collecting some more blankets and squares for this years nominated charity Refuge for the comfort blanket campaign,  there is a justgiving page which had a target of £500 but this is now on the way to having raised a lot more you can also download a free ebook with lots of fabulous knitting patterns and my crochet square. 

(Yay, nothing like a little bit of self promotion), I will be making up some more squares for the campaign this weekend.

Finally  my dear friend Figen has got an amazing yarn called Orient, in lots of new shade, its so soft and luxurious great for little cowls, and wristlets just got to decide which colour now?

Until next time........................Nicky x



No comments:

Post a Comment