Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Puppy love!

Well chaos has descended on the house of Hale....! The story as follows:  Two weeks ago Sunday, we were at a car boot, mooching around looking for bargains, when my husband spotted a sort of unusual looking dog, and hurried over to chat to the owner, well you could have knocked me down with a feather, my DH is not the most sociable person in the world and has never been that doggy enthused, (he will deny this but doesn't blog so won't see anyway).  Anyway got chatting to the owner of this really friendly dog, turned out that the breed was a 'Spoodle' (Springer/Poodle cross), he explained that his wife was asthmatic and due to the lack of coat shedding with this breed it was ideal for them.  I didn't think anymore about it and got home and busied myself with general Sunday afternoon jobs, then a strange thing happened my husband kept showing me pictures of Spoodles online then asked if I could "ring this number they have Spoodles for sale"?  I picked myself up off the floor in shock and rang, left a message not thinking anymore about it.  Later that day a lovely young lady called Amy rang and told me a little more about the breed, she said we were welcome to pop over and have a look,  with no obligation to buy, to be honest I seriously thought it wasn't on the cards anyway.  So we arrived at this house in the middle of nowhere to be greeted by a collection of dogs including an Alsatian, two Springer Spaniels, a standard poodle, a labradoodle and seven little bundles of  Spoodle cuteness, oh and a horse in the back garden. I asked her about the breed, the price etc and DH, fussed over them, in particular a chubby little bitch, who was black apart from a smudge of white on her chin and chest who was very cuddly and sleepy.  We drove home quite excited but I told the family a puppy is a big responsibility and we had two dogs already so this wasn't going to happen for a while yet.  Yes I am the voice of reason!
Well to cut a very long blog short, DH two days later said I want one, so we now have a third dog and a new edition to the family! 
Whats her name I hear you ask?  Hubby has always had a bit of a 'thing' for a diminutive pop star, can you guess? Yes Kylie!  I did roar when he decided on the name, but it is his dog and if you knew him you would understand how much the name suits her, in fact when I asked my sister to guess she instantly said Kylie so there you go!

I finish with some adorable pics of our little bundle of cuteness, enjoy and I will be blogging on a regular basis about her and her progress.........until next time, Nicky xx
Kylie and Sam!

Pup in a Basket!

Sleepy Pup

Pup on the Tiles!

P.S. On the doggy front, book recommendation, 'My Name is Moose (Modern Life Through a Dog's Eyes)', ISBN: 9781843406266, literally just read is amazing set of photographs with whimsical story, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet story and am amazed! Hope she is a happy addition to the Hale House xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I think these breeds like Spoodles and Labradoodles are fab, as they give you a combo of two breeds makeing them so loveable, cute and intelligent.
    Good luck and I am sure she'll keep everyone smiling ;) x

    ReplyDelete