Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Massive News! Sensory Overload

What a packed news weekend, the beautiful Royal Wedding gave the British people a massive boost everyone that I met was filled with a real sense of pride and hope, made me feel proud to be British and good to be alive.

The death of Osama Bin Laden, gut reaction was instantly fantastic, then some trepidation hope that it will be the beginning of the end of some terrorism, I still feel weird about celebrating the death of someone but I am glad.  I am totally in agreement about the way in which his body was disposed of, quickly and at sea which means there is no possibility of a shrine or a memorial being held for him. Nothing will ever bring back those who were victims of his horrendous acts of terrorism but at least their families may get some peace knowing the man responsible for their deaths has been stopped.   I think this weekend has been a strange one of great joy and patriotism for the British and also celebration for the world on the death of Bin Laden....Until next time, life feels good, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment