Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Zumba, etc......!

Well foolishly had a go at Zumba this week.  I say foolishly because I was convinced that I would damage myself by the over exertion, for those who don't know what Zumba is see hyper link.  Well what a refreshing change I had great fun, couldn't do any of the steps but enjoyed trying anyway, unfortunately because I was concentrating so much, trying to work out the steps, I left hot, sweaty and with a banging headache which then turned into a migraine which I still had the next day along with nausea.  Was it worth it? definitely, and I will be going again next week.
I had a fabulous weekend, stayed with my dear friend Emma who's husband has just become Landlord of the Greyhound pub in Ipswich had a great time helping with bits and bobs round the pub, and had supper Saturday night, and I must say the food was delicious.  It was world book night, we were handed two books to take home 'Case Histories' by Kate Atkinson and 'New Selected Poems' by Seamus Heaney, bonus!  I must say though that the one thing I really noticed was the 'ambiance' in the pub, its amazing, if bottled, could make millions.  Couldn't quite put my finger on it, maybe a mix of regulars, and people from all walks of life, relaxing enough to just sit down with a book and a pint, NO loud music or sports mega screens, just a proper old fashioned pub.  If you ever get the chance do pop in for a pint or a meal is well worth it.  Also measured up Emma's delightful daughter Scarlett for her birthday pressie which I think will be a mini Chanel type jacket, a la Suri Cruise'ish, here's a sketch of idea's  not sure which one I will go with?



 






Anyway I have lots more design ideas to work on so may neglect the blog for a while so apologies in advance, until next time........Nicky xx

2 comments:

  1. The pub sounds great but sadly I am too far away from Ipswich to pop in ;)
    I love both sketches, would go with first one as looks military and that is so hot at the moment.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....had the boxed set of Zumba for over a year looked so good but still not tried doing it hehe
    Classes popping up all over now though so might join one couple of friends go and love it too
    Sketches look interesting
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete