Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beautiful Sunshine!

Oooo, what a lovely day, sun is out and washing drying on the line, 

I love this time of year, when you have the odd sun filled day makes me feel all spring like and inspired.  Talking of Spring thought I would share this yarn with you it has been around for a while but its a little gem of a yarn for crochet projects, Wendy Supreme cotton 4ply has some lovely soft colour palettes and not to harsh on the hands.
Used a half treble to make up a small swatch.

I also got hold of some Supreme Luxury Cotton DK in a lovely Marl called Foxglove. I decided to play around with a Tunisian stitch  because of the colour change I wanted to stick to something simple as a pattern would detract from the subtle colour change of the yarn. 
The colour reminds me of delicate Spring flowers.


Paid a visit to Stitch and Craft on Thursday, (well I was working too).  I was on the Simply Knitting & The Knitter stand and was able to hear all the interesting and insightful talks from Amanda Jones, Jane Crowfoot, Fiona Goble and Loani Prior also Emma King was there signing her Best Dressed Knitted Bears book.  Stupidly I forgot to take pictures and remembered when I was sitting on the comfy sofa's chatting to Emma, Jane, Juliet and Kirstie, so only have some of Emma's lovely samples.
Bears from her book and some gorgeous bags.


I hope you have a fantastic weekend and hopefully the sun will stay for a little longer, fingers crossed........until next time Nicky xx

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there. Come and find me on Facebook..I am there and have a page for my website called 'Knitsisters'
    Tons of hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see a washing line full of clean bright washing, call me old fashioned, but I do!
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete