Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

What a slacker!

Oops, what a slacker I've am, got an excuse have been really busy!
Up to loads of wonderful things.   I visited a designer chum Belinda for the day on Thursday, met Ev the house rabbit, (read all about Ev, on her blog TrueBritKnits).  Belinda also has some wonderful patterns to download, and she is a technically brilliant pattern writer, a lot of thought goes into her designs and I was very lucky to see the Winter Aran jumper in the flesh as it were.  She gave me a lesson on the dark art of grading which was really interesting, and I think I absorbed it but will have to see.  She also made us a cracking mushroom soup for lunch which was absolutely delicious.
My sister visited she had come down from Tyne and Wear with my nephew Ethan to stay with her daughter so I took her out for Macdonalds (push the boat out) and had a great catch up.
Working on lots of idea's at the moment, but latest design is featured in Simply Knitting Issue 78 Scallop Bag, Oh Henry Holland featured granny squares on the catwalk albeit fabric print, but glad to say he did wrap a proper granny square shawl round one of the models, not my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat I suppose!  Until next time...... NickyX

2 comments:

  1. Darling, had a look at scallp bag on your Rav page...loooooooooooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are a clever girl.
    Hugs from Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bag looks great, looking forward to seeing you Friday. We have a whole pub-load of curtains to look at! xx ps Scarlett is 3 on 26/04

    ReplyDelete