Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Decorating and Crochet

So I have decided to write off last week, and start my new year this week.  Have started making a shrug from a pattern by DROPS design in some Skein Queen Little Desire I had knocking around since 2009.  Its working up really fast.  Finally getting round to decorating my bedroom this weekend.  I found some pretty wallpaper last year in Laura Ashley, which is now discontinued, it had matching fabric which I had to have to make curtains. Last weekend I made the curtains which were lined as I hate unlined curtains, the drape is much better on a lined curtain, we are only papering one wall and we are just painting the other walls a neutral colour.  I am quite looking forward to it, as much as I hate admitting it my husband does make a good job of decorating, he just takes so long to get round to it.  When my funds are much rosier I will be getting some plain bedding to match the room and finish off my patchwork quilt that I have been making forever.
Got the deadline for my bag design which is great because I can now get the pattern finished and sent off.  I do work much better to deadlines it helps me to focus.
Have got my delicious box of yarn for the Jane Crowfoot Crochet Club 2011 which I am really excited about and also a commission for another magazine not design, just making up, but it is all money and I need to pay off my laptop.
So to finish I am trying to fight the demons, keep my chin up and be positive, because to be honest things can only get better!
Have a fab weekend......Nicky xx

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend! Can`t wait to see the end results. Also, can`t wait to see your bag pattern. Is your car ok now? What rotten luck but glad your daughter wasn`t hurt. Have a good weekend Nicky - I find lots of tea-breaks help when decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...HAPPY NEW YEAR then hehe..hope it's a good one
    Love the Drops design shrug...and your bedroom sounds great when do we get to see pic's then?
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if you are keeping busy as ever ;)
    Hope your daughter has recovered from all her traumatic experiences. Your bedroom project sounds lovely and I know what you mean about husbands and getting their act together.
    Have a lovely week
    Love Heike xx

    ReplyDelete