Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Show and Tell!

Well my final pieces have been sent off to achieve my City & Guilds qualification.  The course has lasted for 10 weeks and there has been so much to do, although it has gone so quickly.  The written part I must admit I did not enjoy, trying to qualify why you did things, I sometime just create because I want to and most of my projects evolve rather than have a clear, beginning, middle and end.  So I did find evaluation quite difficult.  I am very pleased with my cushions (not pictured) and also found making my 'soluble' fabric bowl great fun, although I do need more practice at it.  Again s..t photography, I just shouldn't be allowed near a camera!  So now just to wait and see what mark I get!


Got lots of Christmas making, planned this weekend, have an apron to make for a certain little miss in Ipswich, a cushion cover for my daughters boyfriend and  a 'creation' for my boss!  Nearly finished my latest design, so looking forward to seeing how it turns out and I will be getting my daughter to photograph it so it doesn't look crappy!....until next week, Nicky xx
PS: My daughter passed her driving test, my car has mysteriously disappeared this weekend???????

3 comments:

  1. Good luck....great bowl...machine embroidery?
    Enjoy the weekend pressie making

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again....sleep mmmm when the furballs will let me lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bowl and well done you for finishing, I am sure you get an excellent mark. I have got 11 Modules to go...that is about 2 years and 4 months in real time for my diploma, I must be mad to do this?!?!
    Hope you had a great weekend making things..has your car returned?
    Hugs from me xx

    ReplyDelete