Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wet and Windy!

Whoa, what awful weather!!! I walk my dog at 6am every morning and lets just say even he had second thoughts about stepping out the door today!!!!  Luckily we had fairly dry weather at the weekend so that wasn't bad.  So I unashamedly promoted my design that was in Simply Knitting Issue 74 in my last post, and I have had so many lovely comments via facebook, blogger and texts too, its been wonderful and very flattering.  I am working on a couple of things at the moment, a top secret device for knitters/crocheters in collaboration with my boss which I tease you with but cannot reveal, I am also working on a 'capelet' which I nearly gave up on but am now determined to continue with,  I will not let it beat me! 
Started with the Christmas goodies, some Poinsettia brooches which are really quick and easy to make, (see pattern below).
I am also making a little ballet outfit, for my daughters, boyfriends, niece...are you keeping up?  I will post pics on the blog when finished I just hope it looks okay and fits!!!!!
Any way hope you enjoy the pattern, message me if any mistakes.  Oh and 'batten down the hatches' apparently we have more bad weather ahead of us!!!!! Good excuse to crochet more, me-thinks! .... Nicky x

Poinsettia Brooch

(Hoping Father Christmas brings me a decent camera for Xmas, sorry about the 'crappy' image)


Red DK yarn
 4mm hook

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
slst - slip stitch
Dc - Double crochet
 ½Tr - Half Treble
FO - Fasten off
Pattern instructions-
Ch5 (Magic Ring if preferred), slst to join.
1.  Petal 1 - Ch8, (working back down chain) slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch. Dc into ring.
2.  Petal 2 & 3 - Ch 7, slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch. Dc into ring.
3.  Petal 4 - Ch 7, slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch. Dc into ring. Slst into bottom ch8.
4.  Working up bottom of Petal 1 - slst in bottom of ch, Dc in next , ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next, slst top and over previous work to bottom of Petal 2.
5.  Working up bottom of Petal 2 - slst in bottom of ch, Dc in next , ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next, slst top and over previous work to bottom of Petal 3.
6.  Repeat instruction 5. for Petal 3 and 4.
7.  Working at the back and between Petals 4 & 1, slst and ch 7, (working back down chain) slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch.  (This forms start of Petal 5)
8.  Slst behind Petal 1, to space between Petal 1&2 and ch 7, (working back down chain) slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch. (This forms start of Petal 6)
9.  Slst behind Petal 2, to space between Petal 2&3 and ch 7, (working back down chain) slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch.  (This forms start of Petal 7)
10.  Slst behind Petal 3, to space between Petal 3&4 and ch 7, (working back down chain) slst to 2nd ch from hook, Dc in next ch, ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next ch.  (This forms start of Petal 8)
11. Slst behind Petal 4 to bottom of Petal 5, slst in bottom of ch, Dc in next , ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next, slst top and over, to bottom of Petal 5, *(Slst to bottom of next back Petal  slst in bottom of ch, Dc in next , ½Tr in next 2 ch, Dc in next ch, slst in next, slst top and over, to bottom)* and repeat *to* 3 times.  Slst in bottom of Petal 5, FO.
Making up
Using 5 gold/yellow beads create centre of flower.  Cut out a small circle of adhesive felt for the back and attach, (secure with stitches if necessary), using brooch or safety pin for fastening.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely as ever, I bought Simply Knitting just for your design, well done you and can't wait what the secret device is???
    We had 90mile an hour winds here last night and were faced with some devastation this morning but it's calming down now.
    Have a good weekend
    Hugs from Heike x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you as always for reading my blog and leaving lovely comments. Course is a lot more work than I thought, but I am enjoying it. Have finished first Module and sent off for marking...eleven more to go.
    Good on you for nearly finishing yours. If you make a crochet version of eye-pillow, make sure to crochet really tight as otherwise the wheat will fall through the gaps. I am sure you knew that anyway ;) Hugs from Wales xx

    ReplyDelete