Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Phew!

Well last week just seems to be a blur now! Family life revolved round a lot of time spent at A&E, but that is a whole other story!!!!  Knitting and Stitching show was fabulous, very busy which was brilliant  for all involved.  The fabulous Jane Crowfoot had a stand and was featuring her new book which is called The Ultimate Crochet Bible a must have purchase for all crocheters, check out her blog too.  I was mainly stood on the Future Stand crocheting, but my scarf drew a bit of attention which was great and very flattering.
On Monday I made my way up to Derbyshire, I had been asked by my mother to teach some crochet at her WI's 1st craft morning.  Having never been to one of my mums WI's meetings I didn't know what to expect, it was really good though and I was very proud of my mum (she is her morning WI's president). Mum ran the meeting and was really efficient and organised.  I met some lovely ladies and taught some to crochet from scratch, many could or had dabbled with crochet so I chatted with them about different techniques and was asked lots of questions, luckily I had done a recommended reading list with books, magazines and also websites with lots of information, which went down very well along with 3 simple crochet patterns, all in all I think it was a very successful morning and I was delighted to receive a lovely potted rose as a thank you.
Met my gorgeous great niece for the first time last night she is such a sweetie had a lovely cuddle and am busy making lots of nice crochet pieces for her.  Its the end of the week and I am coming down with a cold, typical! I have got so much to do this weekend.  Well better dose myself up and drink plenty of Vitamin C ...until next time, Nicky x

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you have been very busy, but how lovely to help your mum out like this and I bet she was well proud of you.
    Thank you for your sweet words earlier, my course is going ok, they reckon 5 hours a week is what one should do, If I do that I never finish the first Module this side of christmas. I did 24hrs. last week and only half way through module...it's fun though!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....Downton Abbey is great isn't it...have to watch it another evening on the laptop...love watching it this way though a great way to catch up with missed programmes....we watch the David Tennant drama on Sunday evening..that's been really gripping too...don't watch much evening TV but these l have to watch! lol
    Glad the show was good...did you spend lots hehe easy to do at the shows hey?
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! The show that is! Not the A&E or the cold! I hope its not the one I have had, its awful, and just goes on and on. Hope you can shake it off! Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete