Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whats on?

So....busy, busy, busy!  Last Friday was invited by Nicki Trench to her launch/opening of Dancing Hens Craft Studio, was a wonderful event and the craft space is great, large and airy with plenty of room to create and learn and some beautiful products on display. Rooster Yarns in a multitude of colours, along with some gorgeous Scrumptious Yarn from Fyberspates
Nicki also had a waffle machine on the go, so I tucked into a large waffle with choc sauce! 

Must not forget to mention the innocent Big Knit campaign is well and truly on the go, there is a massive response on Ravelry with the hat count, as from today in the innocent smoothies big knit group standing at 1,995 alone! innocent are putting up new patterns each week, this week 'the pattern of the week' is a grape its a great home grown campaign for Age UK, (Help the Aged and Age Concern merged), and this year the aim is to raise £200,000, so get your pins and hooks out, a little bird tells me that some crochet patterns may well be going up too!!!!

Last but not least, am off to iKnit Weekender tomorrow, woop woop! love this event, its my second year, I will be helping on the Mencap stand, I also get the opportunity to mingle and chat to lots of lovely knitters and crocheters.  I will remember my camera and take lots of pics at iKnit so look out for those. Anyone going to the event I am the tall, 'real blonde'(I joke) lady on the Mencap stand and generally mooching around so come and say hello!.............until next time, Nicky xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh it all sounds wonderful! Let us know how it was! Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete