Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

iKnit Weekender

So I was at the iKnit Weekender last Friday helping on the Mencap Stand.  We were busy making lovely little flowers for the stand to raise money for Mencap, Louisa Harding kindly donated one of her flower patterns and I created a crochet flower, both patterns will be available on the Mencap site shortly, I will post a link when available. 

This is Zoe (Mencap) and Juliet (Editor of The Knitter)

It was great fun needless to say, we also had a lucky dip and raffle too, which were very successful, the prizes were donated by the lovely stall holders, The Knit Box, Fyberspates, Natural Dye Studio and Rowan Yarns to name just a few.  Lots of lovely people came and said hello, including Jon Dunn, Erika Knight who incidentally, knobbled me and Juliet to do a bit of modelling! I don't know where images will appear but there were definately people taking photos, and  it was great fun  so I didn't mind doing it all.  
I was delighted to finally meet Figen who own's The Knit Box she had a lovely little stand so I took a pic and chatted to her about her yarns and beautiful knitting needles.

  I had time to have a wander round some of the stands too and found Fyberspates and bought the absolutely gorgeous Scrumptious yarn in a fantastic colour to die for. (picture doesn't do it justice).

 Selvedge (am a little bit in love with) also had a stand which showcased some of the items that are available in their shop and are featured in their magazine.  I just love the magazine it is a treat for the eyes.  Later in day just as I was thinking of going home the lovely Heike appeared it was so nice to see her she looked as radiant as ever and we had a nice little catch up.  Well time went so quickly and I soon had to catch the train home, crocheting little flowers as I went and feeling inspired by all the lovely yarny treats I had seen.....Till next time, Nicky xx

2 comments:

  1. Well it was so lovely to meet up and catch up with you and I hope we can meet again soon.
    hugs from Heike x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to meet you, too and a lot of fun! Both you and Heike have taken lovely photos and it reflects the fun it was. Hope to see you in Turkey, Nicky! Love & Hugs, Figen xx

    ReplyDelete