Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

What a weekend!

I had a really great weekend in Ipswich with my good friend Emma.  She has a new puppy sausage dog called Audrey who is absolutely adorable, so I had a very hard time tearing my son away from her on Sunday as you can see from the pictures he fell in love with her!

We had such a lovely time Emmas husband Dan treated Sam to football Ipswich v West Ham unfortunately they lost 1-0 but he had a great time and returned home after the match laidend with Fish and Chips courtesy of Dan.  Sam entertained Scarlett making mega block boats and Scarlett named him 'Sam boat', I was called Fou Fou, and she calls the dog D Dogs, I love toddler speak it is so cute. 

Once Emma had bathed and put Scarlett to bed, we cracked open a bottle of red wine and Emma helped me sort my head out she's very good at doing that, we also managed to wind a hank of lovely lace yarn into a ball whilst chatting away. Sam just monopolised Audrey and vegged out in front of the telly and laptop, it was so relaxing. 

We left on Sunday afternoon vitalised and very happy.  Sam was very sad to leave Audrey but is looking forward to seeing her again.

Am looking forward to our next visit, hoping that Emma might be coming to visit me on the 3/4 August.
On another note Mencap have another fabulous competition, Make & Bake photo competition, for all you knitters/crocheters, the prize being two free tickets to Ally Pallys knitting and stitching show see link. 
I will be going on holiday to Turkey from the 11-25 of August so won't be blogging for a while but will certainly have plenty to talk about on my return.
Until next time..................Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a very good time, and feel happier too! I love Audrey! Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete