Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Inspiration....!

I have a love/hate relationship with Summer!
I Love:  Lazy days, laid back lounging, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of neighbours enjoying the garden, the delicious BBQ smells, finding a really cool shaded area in the woods when walking the dog, music playing out of car windows when caught up in the traffic.
I Hate: The heat, the dust, the lack of rain, finding what to wear each day so not to sweat and be comfortable for everyday shinnanigans, having to rush to do anything (the sun makes me so sleepy) and last but not least, flippin hayfever!!!!
Summer is all so inspiring through colour, even the baked grass inspires shades that really work together muted earthly caramels with greens translating to various 'yarn' hues and this one too,  sunflower yellows for zing and energy.
I think I will challenge myself to think about what creations I can come up with in these shades, they aren't the easiest colours, to be honest yellow is not a complementary shade for  a lot of skin tones.  Maybe a wrap or a summer tote, hmm....off to the drawing board I think.
Oooo thats another good thing about summer it fills me with inspiration!!!!

1 comment:

  1. And me too!!! And my daughter too!!! look at todays post and you see a busy girl.
    Hope you have a lovely summer, make some of my Elderflower Cordial, add to some cold white wine and:'El Presto' delicious.
    Hugs from Heike xx

    ReplyDelete