Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

For the love of Cotton

Whilst in my quest for stock for said craft fair I am realising my love of cotton, I had a little browse and see that Attic24 is too re- examining her love of yarns.  (I recommended Sirdar Calico to her). I am currently making a ripple cushion and it is lovely to use soft and gorgeous, and the yardage per 50g ball is generous too, (172yds).  My other favourites are of course from the Rowan/Patons range Handknit Cotton (fantastic to manipulate and work with) and Wool Cotton (Merino and cotton, soft and gorgeous) and Patons 100% Cotton DK and 4ply (not so soft as mercerised, but vibrant range of colours).  My love for cottons is  seasonal,  I usually find myself picking up the cotton yarns in Spring (my second favourite season, Autumn being my first).  So my favourite times of year are dictated by colour palette, as oranges, ambers, umbers, greens, mustards, etc... are Autumnal shades.  Spring colours are to me being, yellows, pinks, eggshell blues, which dictate my sort of new born baby spring colour palette.  So as I work away I see Autumn coming with the excitement of a new colour palette and the realisation of how much colour indeed dictates my life.
On a lighter note I haven't gone bonkers just sharing my deep thinking moment!
Laters!..........Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. I know you haven't gone bonkers! I love all the beautiful colours of yarns. I think we do change our feeling for colours depending on the seson, a bit like food, a warming stew seems lovely on a winters day, but not on a summer day in the garden! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicky...link to Arican Flower group and pattern..just scroll down and the pattern is on the home page
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/africanflowers/
    Some lovely colourways on the group
    Bonkers....never a girl can't have too much yarn and in every colour hehehe
    My Merino l got a good deal 'cos l bought a lot of colours lol...been playing again this morning..cushions for the bedroom WIP!!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete