Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Heads up Knitty Nostalgia Junkies!

Just a little heads up the wonderful Heike has posted a nostalgic pattern on her blog which is so reminiscent of the fashion around my Grandma's teen years,(see previous post). Check it out its fabulous and free!
She mentions Coco, the one and only, and this got me thinking I am yet to watch the film Coco Avant Chanel so this week I am going to see if I can purchase myself a copy of this wonderful DVD with the brilliant Audrey Tautou in the leading role, one of my favourite actresses.  This got me thinking about other films out there about famous fashionistas and sirens of yesteryears!
I ask the question bloggers send me your recommendations along with recomended pattern knit or crochet that is reminisant of your film choice.  Watch this space for  'blogging' fantastic film reviews with accompanying pattern recomendations!  I leave you with this and also welcome lots of feedback.

3 comments:

  1. oh, I would love to see that film! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ahev got this on DVD and also the one with Shirley McLaine simply called Coco Chanel. Both highly recommended but then I am the absolute 'sucker' for everything Coco.
    My other movie love is the very chic and stylish Audrey Hepburn in all her fab Givenchy clothes...I might just go and watch Breakfast at Tiffany right now whilst dreaming up a new free pattern for next month.
    Knit on..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it certainly is so can't wait to get into the new place...but filling the time with collage fun and dreams hehehe
    HUGS XX

    ReplyDelete