Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Son, Snow and Scrappies!

Christmas deco's up, woo hoo!  This is one of my favourites:


These pictures were taken at about 6.15am last Friday morning, (the only time my son hauls his lazy arse out of bed early is when it snows), pic are of Sam and my daft dog Chester enjoying the snow!



I am always looking at ways of saving money, the weekend challenge was creating a Rag Doll for my dear friend Emma's, gorgeous daughter Scarlett.  I did some research on You Tube, and various sewing websites and came up with this:
Dolls body



Finished Doll


I am very proud of my achievement, even my son was complimentary about her, not bad for load of old scrap fabric!  Lets hope Scarlett enjoys her as much as I enjoyed making her.
Well signing off now hope you have very Merry Christmas and a Fruitfull New Year...... xxx

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous..she should be well pleased
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! Thinking of making some more over the holiday period, am feeling very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to say but l LOVE your fireplace stunning...do you live in a cottage?
    No snow here and Phil decided because of the possible snow we won't go camping now....yeeehhh!
    hehehe Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly I do not live in a cottage, the house was built in 1938. We saw this fireplace at a local reclaimation yard and happened to have another one which we part swapped for it, this was the perfect size for our fireplace.
    I think you are probably mad to even consider camping thank goodness Phil decided against it....phew!!

    ReplyDelete