Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

I Knit and University Open Days

Not blogged for a while been busy, busy, busy!! Kids are back at school and six form, football season started so mum duties full on. Work wise I went to IKnit on 12/9, one of the joys of my job is working on various knitting projects and on the fabulous Knitter magazine, I spent Saturday with Juliet (editor of the Knitter) promoting and collecting squares for the wonderful Comfort Blanket campaign for Macmillan, met some really interesting people and also saw some old faces, nearly finished crocheting together our 'Lemsford' knitting clubs blanket for the campaign. Also crocheted another two squares for the blanket and as a treat to myself I bought some lovely vibrant green Alpaca 80% Nylon 20% yarn
670yds for the very reasonable price of £5.99 a hank!!! I was a lovely day and you know what I do love my job!!
Another ground breaking event occured last week, my daughter has finally made a decision which to me was obvious, but to her was a little foggy on her future! She has decide that Primary Ed 3-7yrs is for her, having been put off initially by a rather horrible teacher who told her she wouldn't make a very good teacher, all the signs were saying that teacher is wrong this career is so you, comments from her other teachers her natural ability to bond and enjoy children, and her delightful outlook on life just indicate so. Well off we are going to view Universities, we start at Liverpool end of Sept and then October we have Chester, Nottingham Trent, Brighton and Leeds Met, phew!!! Watch this space I am going to be one very exhausted mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment